Stay focused in the workplace and get into the good books of your boss, catch upon incentives and much more
The workplace is the ultimate place where you can well expect to be presented with a big rule book that you are supposed to abide by. Doe this takes you back to your school days. It is quite comprehensible why all of this might be reminding you of your school time. However, there is a slight difference between the two. At school they didn’t pay you to study but at the office sure they pay you for the work that you do. You can very well be kicked out of the office if you are not focused at work. Your company definitely wants to extract every bit of work they can in the pay scale you get. For meeting targets on time and staying on the good books of your boss, it is utmost important that you stay diligent with your work and stay focused at work at all times.
A lot of time distractions at the workplace arise because the individual is not ready to cope up with the work stress. It is quite obvious that if you aren’t able to fit ourselves into your work schedule, you might ultimately find your work really distracting and it will become all the more difficult for you to stay focussed on the office environment. Here are a few simple that you can use to increase concentration and focus at the workplace.
- Enjoy your work: The first and foremost step to staying focused is to take an interest in the work you are doing. Try making it fun. Take it more like an activity that you have been challenged to complete and not like a work that you have to do.
- Get your workplace in shape: Get your cabin or cubicle to look the best. Organize and place everything perfectly and try adding a little color, photographs and similar stuff that puts life into the surroundings.
- Proper seating: Your chair and desk should always be the perfect height for and moreover should be really comfortable. You can expect to be putting your mind and soul into your work with a bad backache.
- Have water and snacks close by: A lot of times a gulp of water or a little munching at the snack packet can be all the refreshment that your needs. Plus, it also means that you don’t have to work on an empty stomach.
- Organize your PC: It is important that your workplace computer be perfectly organized. Say, you should get rid of all those things that might end up distracting you and should rather organize your computer by getting the most needed shortcuts on your desktop so that you can access everything with relative ease.
- Prioritize and create to-do listing: You might have a thousand tasks to complete but then you will be done with them only if you begin with a particular task and that can accomplish only when you have worked out a hierarchal list of all that you are required to do. This also means that at all times; you have a clear idea of the work that is left.
- Try and be unreachable or invisible for personal distracting matters: Try being as impersonal during office as possible. Like if you have a different number for your friends, you can make sure that the number is unreachable while you are onto something really important. In case of an emergency, they always have the option of calling up your office and asking for you. Social networking sites on the PC are a strict no-no. Also make sure that if you are logged into any social networking site via your phone, you set it as invisible.