Passport Seva www.passportindia.gov.in
From past few years, Indian government have taken many important steps to shepherd in the way of e-governance to accelerate and speed up the public services. In recent years various new project and plans are introduced from one of them is national E-Governance plan which consist of different type of E-Governance project that have been recognized as Mission Mode Projects.
At present in india there are almost 180 indian Embassies with a network of 37 passport office all over and responsibility for issue a passport to citizen of india , the ministry of external affair is responsible.
Passport is considered as one of the most important document to the one who are travelling to different country/abroad for different reason such as business, travelling, medical treatment, education, family visit. From the last few year due to globalization and various other change in economy there is high level of demand for passport and passport related services. Every year around 10% annual growth is seen in demands of passport. The demand of passport is coming from both rural and urban area in large amount, generate wants for availability and wider contact. For Attained large demand of passport , the passport seva project is launched by Ministry of External Affair in May 2010.
The passport seva is simple , effective, capable and crystal clear process of passport delivery and other services related to it. Instead of generating government staff network all over, it amalgamate with the state police and Indian post for physical verification and delivery of passports.
For providing world-class service and experience to citizen of Indian , passport seva project is altering passports and other related services. The ministry of External Affair is facilitated by Passport seva project to deliver and render passport service in most convenient, trustworthy and in transparent way with particular service level. Various key facet of transforming services meet by passport seva project are mentioned below:
1. Improve facilities and services:
The world-class ambience is provided by passport seva Kendra like public phone booth, inquiry centre, magazines and newspaper for people in waiting queue, foods facility, comfortable waiting room with air conditioner for providing comforts, guides, photocopying and with most helpful staff services.
2. At anytime and anywhere access:
Now, with the help of internet citizen can apply for their passport and ask about appointment after payment of fees through portal of passport seva project i.e www.passportindia.gov.in for there expediency.
3. Amalgamation with Post office and Indian Police:
The local states police all over the union territories and states are connected with passport seva project. The electrically verification of applicant data are sending to police station for verification. PSP also amalgamate post service to deliver passport to the respected citizen.
4. Increasing and upgrading network:
Across the country there are 77 passport seva Kendra, 37 passport office and as a part of passport seva project new 16 passport seva laghut Kendra are established.
5. Helpdesk and call centre:
A perfect call centre is operating which help every citizen to get services related to passport and various related information in about 17 different languages 24 hours a day and 7 days of a week.
Passport Seva Portal(PSP)
After the globalization and various change in demographic characteristics and profile of an individual there is an increase in number of passport seekers so for which the current infrastructure and existing staff is not enough to support the requirement of citizen.
To have the passport service online the ministry of external affair has introduce the passport seva portal. This portal helps you and allowed the citizen to apply online for a passport or police clearance certificates. First of all you need to generate user ID on the portal and after doing it only you can apply for passport and various services related to it.
Different type of services provided by PSP are:
- For new passport online application form.
- To re-issue passport through Online application form.
- police clearance certificate (PCC) through online application.
In two ways online application can be submitted either you can download e-form and after feeling it upload it to the website or can apply online .
Passport Seva Portal: http://www.passportindia.gov.in
Types of Passport services
- 1. Issue of New passport
- 2. Re-issue of passport
- 3. Assorted services
1. Issue of New passport:
If you are applying for the first time you can submit application for fresh passport.
2. Re-issue of Passport:
Re-issue of passport can done in various condition and reason such as:
- If more than 3 year ago passport has expired
- If passport is lost.
- In current passport booklet if pages are exhausted .
- If passbook is smash-up.
- If any change related personal detail or any other specification is to be done in existence passport
- If our passport is about to expire one can apply for re-issue of passport before 1 year of expiry date .
3. Assorted services
For Issue Police Clearance Certificates.
If an individual applied for passport and he/she can check passport application status on www.passportstatus.in . After entering on this site applied candidate has to enter 15 letter alphabetical/numerical fine number and birth date after entering all the detail click on get passport status button. Passport detail status provided by particular passport offices.
Now a days with the updating of technology, status of the application can also get through SMS service in mobile which is effected from 16th November,2013. Respected candidates can get updates and alert regular about the application status through SMS services on mobile.
Respectively applicant has to enroll passport seva SMS service at their regional passport office and particular passport seva Kendra . The status of the applicant will receive status of applicant and other alerts of pending action through SMS services. And also the applicant send text SMS 24hr and 7 day a week to know the status of application. The important information about the one time charge for enrolment i.e 30rs is not included in application fee. So if a particular applicant want SMS service one time enrolment fee is to pay with application at PSK. The citizen can tract passport application status by sending SMS to 9704100100 .
Steps For Online Submission Of Form
1. Enter passport seva online portal website address www.passportindia.gov.in
2. After entering website passport seva online portal webpage is display on-screen , on that page click on “register” under the section of apply at home page and register it.
3. Now, You have to login to it with registered login ID.
4. Next click on link Apply for fresh passport/Re-issue of passport.
5. Now, the application form is visible on-screen and the required detail information is to be fill and submit it
6. After that click on Pay and schedule appointment link to arrange the appointment.
- – In passport seva Kendra all appointment are booking through online payment which is mandatory. Online payment modes are:
- Internet banking
- Debit or credit card
- SBI Bank challan
7. Now click on the Print application receipt link to print application which containing of Appointment number and Application Reference Number.
8. At last along with all the original documents one has to visit the passport seva Kendra at booked time and region.
The passport seva Kendra is working 9:30Am to 4:30 Pm in a working days.
Passport seva toll-free number:
1800 258 1800.
Passport Seva Login:
here we provide you direct login link to passport seva login page.